Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is designed to enable learners to develop
- A sound understanding of policy,
- Management and leadership concepts, theories and practices in health and social care, and
- An understanding to improve the quality of health or social care services.
It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policymakers in the United Kingdom and throughout the world.
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will create knowledge in candidates so that they can work as an effective manager or leader in hospital or health / social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care sector.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage the quality of service delivery in health and social care sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health and social care organisations and their management system.
- Understand the financial performance of health and social care organisations.
- Perform financial analysis to the health and social care organisation for effective planning and decision-making.
- Manage complex issues in the health or social care organisation to improve management practice.
- Understand the development of healthcare policy.
- Understand the contribution of public and health promotion in the provision of health care services.
- Understand strategic, operational business plans for health care organisations based on environmental analysis.
- Manage team performance for the quality of service delivery in health and social care organisation.
- Understand advanced economic literature on the demand and supply of health care.
- Critically review the role of agencies and healthcare organisations in the promotion of health programmes globally.
- Apply human resource concepts, tools and techniques to retain, manage and motive staff.
- Identify a research question and apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature on health and social care sector.
The overall structure of the course is based on eight modules that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. You are required to complete only eight modules. Each module is equivalent to 15 credits and at the end of the course, learners will be able to achieve 120 credits.
Unit 1: Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care
Unit 2: Managing Finance in Health and Social Care
Unit 3: Managing Enterprise in Health and Social Care
Unit 4: Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care
Unit 5: The Economics of Health Care
Unit 6: Strategic Management and Change
Unit 7: Managing Quality through Human Resource Management
Unit 8: Strategic Project Management for Managers
Unit 9: Research Methods for Managers
Qualification Credits and Duration
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management can be achieved in 6 months or maximum in 12 months and learners will achieve 120 credits.
How and where will you study?
You will study with Cambridge Management and Leadership School – Accredited Institute by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and University, and many other awarding bodies to provide quality assured qualifications to learners. Our Virtual Learning Platform is a user-friendly platform where you will study through student lifetime membership to access course materials and assignment contents - available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include only assignments. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of each unit of minimum 1000-1500 words in length to pass the unit and to achieve unit credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete eight units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful to
- learners who are already in employment and the course enables a framework in leadership and management in the health and social care to reflect your current responsibilities and aspirations. Or
- learners who are on job and would like a qualification for their personal and professional development or career progression to the senior management positions in the health and social care. Or
- learners who are re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change or would like to learn and achieve a formal postgraduate qualification in the health and social care management.
Learners completing the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will have career opportunities in leadership and management positions in health and social care. Learners can also progress to Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership with study context in the health or social care, or direct into Doctorate Degree with us with research in Health/Social Care.